Join our growing team of high-performance thinkers and innovators!
About CHSI Technologies
Established in 2010, CHSI Technologies is a market-leading SaaS solution delivering automation and digital transformation support for the entire commercial insurance lifecycle.
It’s also an awesome place to work.
CHSI’s passionate team of insurance technology and cloud-based software experts have built an inclusive company culture that values innovation, honesty, diversity, commitment—and bold ideas. Every day, we work to create an exceptional customer experience for users of our CHSI Connections™ platform.
Connections™ empower insurance providers, carriers, pools, captives, and risk managers to manage their operations more efficiently while increasing productivity and improving customer satisfaction.
Named a Top 10 Underwriting Solutions Provider by CIO Outlook and Top 25 Insurtech Company by CIO Applications, CHSI Technologies is accelerating product development and growth initiatives by setting our sights on trailblazing innovative technology solutions and transformative, global market expansion.
If you thrive in a dynamic, high energy environment, bring your best work to the table when collaborating with smart, creative teams, and are passionate about delivering disruptive software solutions, then there has never been a more exciting time to join our high-performing team of thinkers and innovators as we work together to revolutionize the insuretech space.
Culture & Benefits
CHSI values our employees, and to show it, here are just a few of the benefits we offer (hover over the icons to learn more!):
With a manager's approval, we allow for temporary telecommuting options as the need arises.
Unlimited Paid Time Off
As long as deadlines are met, and the quality of your work remains high, Exempt Associates receive unlimited paid time off as approved by their manager.
The company celebrates 9 paid holidays each year!
Comprehensive Medical Plan
Comprehensive Medical Plan
CHSI provides employees with a number of Comprehensive Medical Plan options, allowing each employee to select the right plan for themselves and their family.
CHSI Technologies invests in our employees by matching a % of your contribution to our company sponsored 401k plan.
Eligible full-time employees are entitled to partial paid paternal leave following the birth or adoption placement of a child.
High Energy Offices
High Energy Offices
Each office, one in Denver, CO and one in Henderson, NV, comes with its own perks.
Each year, our team takes part in a company-wide celebration. It's just another opportunity to kick back and enjoy growing together as a team.
CHSI Technologies is seeking an energetic, dynamic, and driven Controller for a SaaS company headquartered in Golden, CO. To excel in this role, you will understand and analyze SaaS-related metrics for the entire company. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with all departments.
As an integral member of the Finance Organization reporting to the CEO, the Controller is responsible for leading all accounting and financial reporting activities for the Company. The ideal candidate will have experience with B2B Software-as-a-Service companies from $5M to $15M in revenue with US Operations today – international in the future. Attractive candidates will have competency in professional accounting demonstrating deep technical financial reporting expertise, system implementation expertise, and significant experience with US GAAP. Candidates with excellent people and process management skills and the ability to drive and support change as the company evolves will find success.
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will ensure the cross-functional departments are reporting financials and metrics in a timely and accurate manner. This person must be detail-oriented enough to complete the monthly close process, yet strategic enough to provide accounting guidance to the CFO. This person must also demonstrate an ability to learn and grow to shift priorities and deliverables as the company evolves.
Although we expect this role to expand as skills and experience grow, the following are some of the roles which this candidate will be filling:
Financial Reporting and Management
- Oversees all aspects of reporting and operational accounting for the Company
- Identifies, implements and oversees the execution of necessary financial processes, policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP and all applicable tax laws.
- Maintains the general ledger and all the Company’s financial books and records.
- Organizes and drives all closing and consolidation processes, including monthly account reconciliations, to track and safeguard company assets and to ensure that all financial statements and reporting are timely, accurate, and in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage all accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, collections, and other transactional activities.
Manage Audit and Tax Activities
- Serves as the primary interface with external audit firm in the Company’s annual financial audit.
- Ensures tax compliance with various government agencies. This includes Income Tax, Sales Tax, Business Tax, etc. for all national and international locations. Company will utilize external tax experts as necessary.
Various Analytics and Finance Support
- Partners with the CEO and Bow River Capital in budgeting and forecasting.
- Works with the Executive Leadership Team and all levels of functional management in the spirit of cooperation and continuous improvement.
- Monitors working capital requirements of the organization and compliance with loan covenants.
- Support the management team and the Board of Directors with various ad-hoc analytics and reporting.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies.
- Competency applying GAAP within complex organizations, including researching and implementing relevant accounting technical standards, and preparing technical accounting memos supporting all accounting positions.
- Experience leading an effective and efficient closing process, including the implementation of best practices and the ability to leverage systems to automate processes and financial reporting.
- Experience with Great Plains and Paylocity or similar ERP solutions; prior ERP migration projects, in both M&A integration and operational consolidation situations also a plus.
- Experience leading assessment, implementation, reimplementation, and modifications to ERPs.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in accounting. MBA/MS in accounting or finance preferred.
- Current license as a Certified Public Accountant.
- 5+ years in a senior accounting or finance role in a multi-entity consolidation environment.
- Ability to work closely with senior management team and work with team members that are decentralized across the U.S.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, yet flexible and adaptable to change.
- High degree of proficiency with MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities.
- High energy and strong commitment to drive results.
As a Product Owner, you will work as part of a truly innovative and growing team responsible for developing and advancing our platform. You will focus on new product development and enhancements to existing products. The role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, design, marketing, sales and operations to own and lead projects from initial conception through launch. You will be the person responsible for managing your agile team's backlog and aligning key internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand pain points and design solutions
- Create and maintain your agile team backlog
- Write epics and user stories with acceptance criteria
- Groom and prioritize backlog items to best achieve core business objectives
- Align stakeholders on current status and ensure the backlog is visible, transparent and clear to all
- Participate in agile ceremonies and ensure team activities and velocity are consistent with stakeholder expectations
- Identify, track and manage risks, escalating when necessary
- Partner with department leads to define product vision and strategy
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated, self-directed and able to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Willingness to jump in and get the job done no matter how big or small
- Adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Building complex products within regulatory environments
- Translating complex business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements
- Thinking strategically to solve problems in alignment with business goals and objectives
- Working cross-functionally across Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales and Marketing
Position Level: Intermediate
Budgeted Salary: $60,000
The cloud DBA position works with the DevOps team to manage performance and resource utilization of the cloud databases while coordinating with the development team to craft new structural changes to support feature changes and deploy those changes without affecting existing deployments. A tremendously important requirement of this position will be to utilize Microsoft SQL technologies combined with proper database schema and security configurations to comply with security standards while working with the development and customer staff to develop alternative processes to comply with the new security restrictions.
- 2+ years Azure SQL experience
- 3-5 years MS SQL (2012+) administration experience
- Experience with database security concepts, including access, auditing, and encryption
- Ensure availability and performance of cloud SQL Databases
- Manage and Audit Security Access to all cloud databases
- Implement a policy of least privilege on existing cloud databases
- Responsible for providing trend and usage/capacity analysis to the server management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management/allocation
- Proactively monitor the database systems to secure services with minimum downtime
- Proactively address issues to ensure optimum performance. Maintain database integrity, stability, and availability
- Provide guidance to .Net development teams in data and schema design to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data structures
high-fidelity mockups from low-fidelity wireframes. Follow our style conventions. Pixel-perfect attention to detail. Document company design decisions.
be following the lead of UX Architect. As you gain experience, you may branch into user research and designing product solutions.
with Photoshop. But if you use something other than Photoshop and can produce high fidelity mockups efficiently that match Photoshop quality, you may use that.
years of experience necessary.